The Seahorse Bar

A little place where everybody knows your name...

Sunday, September 04, 2005

the little fly

The little fly sat on the wall…

I would like to begin with a little poem. (Ah-hem)

The little fly sat on the wall.
Him got no mommy comb his hair.
Him don’t care!
Him got no hair!

-the end

So, I would like to share with you a true story of a little fly. A fly that likes to join me in the bathroom. Why does he enjoy this atmosphere? We shall never know the real truth, but we can, and we will, elaborate on this…

Everyday (only 1 so far) I find this little fly, we’ll call him Fred, in the bathroom stall with me. Either he’s a s-l-o-w fly and can not find his way out of the stall OR he quite enjoys the company of women. If the latter is true we will officially call him Fred the Perv. But, we musn’t be hasty. Perhaps he’s just slow and missed the bus home. I suppose another theory would be that he’s homeless and a drunkard. Maybe his family kicked him out because they could not stand his drinking and spending of all their hard earned money. Maybe his guilt (assuming he, as a drunkard, has any guilt) is living in a bathroom stall because it’s the only way to purge himself of his sins.

Nonetheless, I have grown accustomed to seeing Fred upon my visits to that bathroom. He’s a strange comfort in my dismal life. Ok, It’s not that bad, but I think it was needed for effect.

6 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since this particular story hasn't a comment yet, I feel the need to continue the conversation from the last entry. My "objectional" comment. Might I point out that Miss Val has her own website and is therefore a celebrity that could very well be the next Ellen Degeneres! If not, perhaps one of the most creative writers of SNL ever! There! Did that do "anonymous" any justice?

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a start.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm?!?!?! I thought your blog was cool and I think you may like this cool "Website"? Now just "Click here"? Hmmm?!?!?! Could this be why Val hasn't posted in a while, which in turn has ruined my day....again. But, Yea VAL-Don't Cry-Be Happy(For you mr or mrs anonymous!)

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to faint!

-Another Anonymous Person unrelated to the popular anonymous person

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It should be for Val, "M's H". And are you saying that the "cool website" ruined your day or that Val did?

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both. Have you seen the website?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home