The Seahorse Bar

A little place where everybody knows your name...

Monday, August 22, 2005

this week's thrill

this week's thrill is new mascara. as many of you know i am not fortunate enough to own eyelashes. yes, it's very sad. so i struggle to find a good (enough) mascara to mask my incredibly beady eyes (thank you to those who are rolling your eyes at me). recently my eyes have been quite irritated so i thought, perhaps, it was time to induldge in new mascara. but not just new mascara...a new BRAND of mascara. a completely new frontier. upon my adventure yesterday my good friend, dez, suggested her favorite and i gave it a shot. what could it hurt, eh? lo and behold!...i love it! it's absolutely amazing! and this advice is coming from the girl who has the fabulous-never-needs-mascara-cuz-her-eyes-are-already-fabulous eyelashes. but, she is a genius. and i am in love. not only does it not clot, not drip, not cake, but it extends (really extends) and separates. and it's waterproof (which i need cuz i do a lot of crying due to recent events). it's glorious and it's my thrill of the week.

11 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Loreal waterproof. it's a gold, many sided tube with a blue stripe.have you tried it?

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

ooohhh...definitely let me know how that goes...i'm willing to try them all for pretty lashes! :)

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My eyelashes are fine. I hope my comments are even considered seeing how I have never owned mascara in my life, mostly being so because I am guy!
So...Val...how much is Loreal offering you for that extremely well written radio script? I'm sure you will never ever have to buy mascara again because of the lifetime supply of makeup you earned in doing so.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Ooooh, Lash Out, right? I used that for YEARS and finally switched to Cover Girl's Triple Aquastay (silver tube with blue cap). I like it even better--and it's cheaper! It's not quite as thick as Loreal's, though.

Keep us posted on the Lancome?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

Well Bryan i think it's high time you start trying out different mascaras. I'm sure Missi could hook you up. You never know, you might like it and it could open up some doors at work.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Valerie said...

that would be awesome to get free mascara forever! i would definitely need the flexibility to try new things though. can't be tied down to just one! So, next on my list is Lacome and Cover Girl.

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I simply can't live without my Val Blog, or whatever you call it. It's 5:02 and I am leaving work at 5:30. However, it is one of those days where you work for hours, but in all reality only 3 minutes has passed. Thursday and Friday are days off for me and so Tuesday will also be. A five day weekend would be really nice if it would just get here already. Anyways, back to the story, I was hoping to log on to Val's website here and read a funny story about something that has recently happened or perhaps catch the next edition of her pet peeves, BUT NO. Nothing. Talk about being robbed.

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I object!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Valerie said...

Are you using "object" as a noun or a verb? Do you object to anything in particular or are you announcing that you are a object (e.g. you are the object of my affection, or formally known as "I Robot"?

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some of the comments on this blog objectionable, namely, M's H latest, therefore, I object! We should be trying to cheer Valerie up! I'll even tell a joke...ok, nevermind I don't really know any. However, if I did I would SO contribute to the cause!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about fabulash?

-Another Anonymous Person unrelated to the popular anonymous person

 

Post a Comment

<< Home